Friday 21 February 2014

Beautiful day - so far

Today is the Muslim holy day. The Call to Prayer from the loudspeaker on the nearby Mosque woke me at 4:50am this morning. I gave thanks that I am a Christian and went back to sleep!

Today is hot and sunny (again). I have a 25 minutes walk to the Holy Land Trust and enjoy walking through the market, with all its noise, activity and smells. Today all was quiet as all the shops are closed.

I am making advance plans for next week. On Monday Cali and I are going back to the Tent of Nations for some quiet time and a picnic. Rafat tells me that the team here is going to Herodian next Tuesday and that they will take me too - great.  On Wednesday I am visiting the Bethlehem Arab Society for Rehabilitation (BASR) in Beit Jala, a charity supported by Embrace the Middle East.

Looking further ahead I am hoping to have a day out at the coast. I will get the bus to Tel Aviv and walk to the old city of Jaffa on the coast - getting a bit more adventurous. 

If anyone reading the blog has any questions or comments, you can add a comment directly on the blog page, or you could send me an email here - ken.perrett@icloud.com

No comments:

Post a Comment