Tuesday 18 February 2014

An opportunity for reflection

Sea of Galilee near where Jesus preached the Sermon on the mount
I am being picked up by car this morning at 9:30am, so I have a little more time to myself. The family are all out at school and work, so it is quiet. I have been reading Tom Wright's book on "Luke for Everyone" and can recommend it.

Today I have reached the Beatitudes, where Jesus blesses:-
- the poor
- the hungry
- those who weep
- those who are hated

The Palestinians seem to me to be eligible for the most blessings, since they fall into all these categories! It brings home to me why I feel called to be here, to join others in showing the Palestinians that God loves them and that people care about them. We need God's kingdom to come urgently for these people. 

It makes me sad that in this place, with Jews, Muslims and Christians all worshipping the same God, we have not been able to find a Godly solution. We even have a holy day shift system, with Muslims on Fridays, Jews on Saturdays and Christians on Sundays. Still needs more prayer though. 

Please pray today for peace and justice for everyone in Israel/Palestine.

No comments:

Post a Comment