Sunday 2 March 2014

Sunday in Jerusalem

This was my third visit to the East Jerusalem Baptist Church and I feel very much at home there. The service included communion in the free church style which I used to experience before coming to St Johns. 

After the service we all sat in a circle and shared some food. I learned that registrations for the Christ at the Checkpoint Conference have exceeded expectations with over 300 internationals and that all the local hotels are now full - great for Bethlehem. 

I also learned that the 16 evangelical churches in the area have not been recognised for conducting marriages and other services. Bishara Awad told us that it has been agreed the they will come under the auspices of the Anglican Church!

There are oranges growing in the grounds of the Church and I was told that they are only suitable for making marmalade. I am really missing marmalade and so have the ladies of the Church on the lookout for homemade marmalade. 

Back home for family lunch. One of the children (aged 5) is quite ill and has been to the hospital this morning. Seems to be a chest infection. Poor her.

No comments:

Post a Comment