Thursday 6 March 2014

Another day in the sunshine talking to people

Had an interesting day today. In the morning I went to meet Zoughbi Zoughbi at Wi'am. I didn't have my camera so will go back tomorrow and take some photos. 

We talked about the need for advocacy in the UK and Zoughbi gave me a lot to think about. We discussed Balfour and the 100 year anniversary of the Balfour Declaration in 2017. I need to write about this and so have a project for tomorrow.

Then I went to lunch with Odette, sitting on the balcony in the warm sunshine talking about Palestine. She is a great lady and I enjoy our chats - excellent hostess too.

Back indoors two parcels had arrived, sent by Jo for the family. Everyone is thrilled and excited to receive this unexpected gift.

I wrote to Embrace the Middle East about my visit to the Bethlehem Arab Society for Rehabilitation and discovered that Rima, who I met there will be coming to the UK to speak at the annual Embrace ME meeting. My blog has been tweeted by Embrace ME - thanks to Su and Stephen there.

No reply yet from Barack Obama or William Hague - they are probably chatting about my email from yesterday. Still hopeful.

Am talking to another church in our diocese tomorrow which may be interested in Kairos - it will be super if we can create a diocese network - just a line between two points at the moment. 

My article on house rebuilding has appeared on the Holy Land Trust website, so can now claim to be a journalist!

No comments:

Post a Comment