Saturday 15 March 2014

Meeting a Settler

In the advocacy session yesterday morning, I gave some thought to any areas that I needed to research further. I have not spent much time hearing the Jewish perspective. I wondered how I might meet some Jews.

As I left the Bible College, I walked alongside a man, who I assumed was attending the hotel. In the course of our conversation, he revealed that he was a Jewish Settler, from Gush Etzion. He gave me his name and invited me to visit next week.

I related this to some of the Palestinians at the conference and they were concerned, as Jewish Israelis are not allowed to come into the West Bank. They questioned the motives of this person. I will try to arrange a visit next week and will try to understand more about him and hear his story.


No comments:

Post a Comment