Friday 14 March 2014

Final day of the Conference

The Christ at the Checkpoint came to an end today. In the morning I attended a really usual workshop, led by Anne Clayton (Friends of Sabeel UK) and Alex Awad, on "How to Speak on Behalf of the Palestinian Church." This was ideal for me as I will be returning soon to do just that. There were lots of ideas and practical suggestions. 


I realised how fortunate I am to have a Church which is prepared to listen - many of the delegates are in Churches which support Israel as they consider it part of their own salvation. Quite difficult to deal with issues of justice and peace in such Churches.

I bought this Bethlehem crib, with the Wise Men unable to come to the crib because of the Wall.

In the afternoon, everyone at the conference went to Cremisan to join the weekly Mass on the hillside. The farmers were grateful for the past three days of torrential rain, but it made the ground very muddy.

It has been a good experience, but I am glad that I have another two weeks to think about advocacy and prepare to come home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment