Sunday 9 March 2014

A parable

Today I have been reading the parable of the Prodigal Son (Luke 15.11-32). I thought of another story:
There was once a man who had two sons. and he said to the younger son, I am going to give your inheritance to a stranger, as he would like to live here. The younger son was forced to leave home to seek his fortune elsewhere. But the older son had to share the land with the stranger. And then the stranger said, “my share of the land is not sufficient for all my relatives, who wish to come and stay with me, so I will need some of your land.” The older son was not pleased, but he was a generous man, so he permitted the stranger to take more land. Then the stranger said, “My crops need more water so will have to take the water from your land.” Eventually the older brother did not have enough land or water left to make a living. He said to the stranger, I cannot make a living on this land. The stranger said “then why don’t you leave and join your brother”.  

No comments:

Post a Comment