Sunday 23 February 2014

Inspirational morning

This morning I returned to the East Jerusalem Baptist Church, the Church of Alex Awad, where I received such a warm welcome last week.

The service was inspirational and I found the following chorus spoke to me about my time here:-

Every promise we can make,
Every prayer and step of faith,
Every difference we will make,
Is only by His grace.

Every mountain we will climb,
Every ray of hope we shine,
Every blessing left behind,
Is only by His grace.

Every soul we long to reach,
Every heart we hope to teach,
Everywhere we share His peace,
Is only by His grace.

Every loving word we say,
Every tear we wipe away,
Every sorrow turned to praise,
Is only by His grace.


I cannot believe it, but I actually gave a testimony for the first time in my life!

The preacher was Palmer Becker, a Mennonite from USA and Canada. He is working at Bethlehem Bible College. One of the advantages here is that we have some very good visiting speakers. He spoke about how we might seek to be Christlike and suggested that we might try to be:-
  • Compassionate
  • Truthworthy
  • Skillful 
  • Christ-centred
  • Full of faith
Good advice for me. We had refreshments and then a couple from the Bible College drove me home to Bethlehem. What a great morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment