Wednesday 26 March 2014

Repentance and Forgiveness

During my stay here, I have read Professor Tom Wright's book "Luke for Everyone". I have just completed it. Tom Wright obviously has a deep knowledge of the issues of this land and writes with great insight and sensitivity on the subject. This has been invaluable to me as I struggle to come to terms with the issues here.

Tom ends the book by saying that "it is impossible to give an account of the conflict in which one side is responsible for all the evil and the other side is a completely innocent victim. The only way forward is the one we find hardest at very level: repentance and forgiveness."

Britain has a share of the responsibility for the situation here. I think it would be good if we expressed repentance for this as a starting point.  

No comments:

Post a Comment