Friday 28 March 2014

Last day at the Holy Land Trust


Today is my last day at the Holy Land Trust. I shall miss the walk each day through this beautiful city, where every person greets me as I pass. And I will miss all the wonderful people that I have met. 

I learn new things every day. Today I switched on my laptop and it told me the time had changed by one hour. Daylight Saving Time has started! I didn't know. I race to HLT and find it deserted. Elias arrives and tells me that Israel changes the clocks today, the West Bank changes the clocks tomorrow, and of course the UK changes on Sunday. I'm glad that is sorted!! 

Daily hits on the blog
This blog is private in the sense that it cannot be seen by search engines - I have switched that option off. It can only be accessed by someone knowing the url (kenperrett.blogspot.co.uk). I am therefore very pleased with number of  daily "hits" and am grateful to all the people who have followed my story. When I get home I shall make it searchable so that others may have the opportunity to read the stories. 

While I have been here writing the stories, Tracy has been at home reading, checking and commenting on the stories, providing support, printing of the newsletter and keeping people informed, as well as coping with all the many things I normally do at home(!?!), including the Church website. I am deeply indebted to her for supporting my trip here in every way possible.

I look forward to coming home on Monday, even more grateful for my peaceful, happy, comfortable life at home. But I will not forget this friendly, gracious and hospitable place, or its pain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment