Monday 17 March 2014

Back to work today

I am delighted to say that I am much better today and so was able to go along to the Holy Land Trust as was my previous routine. 
Mahmoud Abbas with Barack Obama

I was expecting to visit a family who are threatened with demolition of their house. However, the Palestinian president, Mahmoud Abbas, is in America today for probably the most important meeting of his life. People here were out on the streets for a big rally to support him and to encourage him to stand firm under the huge pressure being exerted by the Israelis (and the Americans too). Please think of him carrying the burden of responsibility for the future of his people and pray for him, if you feel able.

Cali's parents arrived today to join her for a while. If you are a regular reader you will know that Cali has been a good companion to me on several trips, including the one to Tel Aviv. The family are from Canada and it was lovely to meet her parents, here for the first time. They know the story through Skype, but are now here to see it first hand. Super that they have come to support Cali.

I have arranged to visit the settler I met on Wed 26th. I will have to drive to the settlement, but will probably not be allowed in, so he will need to collect me. We have spoken this afternoon and he seems to be going to a lot of trouble for me, so am very grateful.
Elias Chacour
Lloyd and Marianne, from Seattle, who I have made friends with, today invited me to join them on a trip to Galilee for a few days. As this was not in the specification, I had to consult the management, and am pleased to announce that I am allowed to go. We will be visiting I'biln, the village of Elias Chacour - for those who have read his book Blood Brothers. If you haven't, it is in the Church Library (and Tracy has a copy) so you might like to read it before I come home and ask questions. Will write more about the story as I hear it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment